A friend of mine was so nice to invite me and the boys down for a weekend of horse back riding on her family's ranch in Beaver, Utah. There could not have been a more perfect vacation for Thomas and Nathan. Nate insisted on wearing his "cowboy clothes" almost the entire trip. I was thankful the outfit included his boots, since his overalls are size 12 months and only went a little past his knees!
We had to drive up the canyon 20 mintutes to start our first ride. When we got to the trail and started getting the horses ready, Nate began stressing. There was nothing to do but just make him get on the horse. It didn't take long before he got used to it though, as long as we were singing cowboy songs together.
This is Thomas and his cute girlfriend Kallie. They were inseparable and loved to ride together. At one point I turned around to see their horse in a dead run. I began to panic thinking they were scared and would fall off, until I noticed them hanging on for their lives and laughing! Thomas later claimed that was his favorite part.
The last night there we took an amazing 2 hour ride up the canyon. The scenery was so beautiful. For such a long ride the kids did great. I was sore by then so I can't imagine how their little legs felt. Thomas even insisted he ride his own horse most of the time. I had to promise both the boys that we would difinitly go back to Beaver again.
3 comments:
Your boys are getting so big and handsome! I'm still looking for boots for Xander--We've got the hat, the badge and the horse though. :) So glad to 'see' an update. How is everything else??
What a fun trip! Thomas looks so proud to be on the horse by himself. He is getting so big!
Miss you guys!
How are you guys?! Merry Christmas! Sorry I haven't checked blogs in a while. Your boys are SOOO handsome!!!
Post a Comment