Monday, October 13, 2008

"One Dalmatian under God?"

We were driving in the car with my grandma this weekend and Thomas saw an American flag. Just about every time Thomas sees an American Flag, he recites The Pledge of Allegiance. This was the first time that my grandma had heard him say it. She commented on how smart he is and this is the conversation that followed.

Grandma: "That was really good. Now, Thomas do you know what a 'nation' is?"
It was quiet for a while and I began to think that Thomas had forgotten the question, then he responded...
"What are those spotted dogs called again?"
Hmmm, nation/Dalmatian close enough, right?!

9 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

He's so cute!!!

Criscell said...

Ha ha! That is SO cute, Amber!

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Oh, that is great. Kids- they are amazing!

lisa g said...

That is so cute. Kids are so smart.

Gabbitas Family said...

how cute! I just found your blog off of Wendy's.

whitney williams said...

that is AWESOME! I love the funny little things kids come up with!

Heidi Rogers said...

OOOH My Amber!! You are a doll.. I hope you don't mind I was blog surfing and found YOU! Your kids and family are adorable!! Totally jealous that you are there and I am not. This is Heidi (Wilson). I saw your parents over the summer and then I ran into Mindy too. I am glad you are doing good.
www.rogers6clan.blogspot.com

The Andersons said...

That is so funny, because just the other day Makaylee was saying the pledge of allegence and she said "one dalmation under God" also. Matt and I laughed so hard. How funny how kids think alike.

Davis Family said...

Kids do say the darndest things. Hey sorry we couldn't get together when you were here. I was totally bummed out. For sure at Christmas time. Even if I am on my death bed, we will see eachother! Hope you had a good time visiting though. Take care and call soon!