We took a bus across the bridge to a town called St. Andrews, which is known worldwide as the "home of golf." (Ryan had the chance to golf nearby Scotscraig last week with some coworkers.)
Thomas was so excited to ride on the bus, exclaiming to the amusment and wonderment of all those on board, "I've never been on a bus before." I can't remember if that is true or not...it probably is.
We wandered through the old streets and went in a few shops. It was amazingly beautiful.
Everyone here has these neat plastic covers for their strollers. We need to invest in one for sure. The umbrella trick can only last for so long I'm sure!
St. Andrew's Cathedrial
In the evening it began to rain, just in time for dinner. We found a great little pizza place that let us wheel the stroller in next to our table since Thomas had fallen asleep.
After dinner they brought Nate a kids "cappichino" warm frothy milk dusted with chocolate minus the coffee!
9 comments:
What an amazing adventure you are having! I can't wait to hear about it come fall! Enjoy every moment of it!! And the strollers in Europe w/ the plastic things are awesome--I remember seeing them when I was in Paris. Definitely a good investment.
I'm so jealous but so happy for you! What a neat experience for you and the family. Bet you are glad to be out of the heat of Phoenix!
Hey there! I'm glad to see that you made it to Scotland and are together again. I remember visiting several of the places you are pictured at and wish I could visit to see them again instead of being at school. Have a great time touring!
My husband was so jealous when I told him you went to St. Andrews. He's a golf fanatic! The pictures remind me of when I went to Europe after we graduated...awe so many cool memories. You are going to have such a great experience there...I am so excited for you!
Wow! I can't believe all of the things you are experiencing and seeing. Just looking at those pictures gave me the chills because they were so beautiful and so far from what I see everyday. I hope you are having a great time and know that we miss you!
So happy to hear you guys made it there safely, and are able to see some of the beatiful sites! Looks like fun. Will you guys be back in the Fall? If so, where are you going to be living? I want you to move in to San Prado this time!!! ;)
Oh Amber, what a fun European adventure. Seeing those pictures gives me flashbacks of days in Erfurt. I'm super happy for you to get to be there!
AMBER! I'm so happy for your family! HOW FUN!! I can't wait to hear and see more!
Thanks for all the pictures! Scottland sure looks beautiful. You are right, you are lucky to have this little adventure! Good luck out there!
Post a Comment