Thursday, July 3, 2008

Longest Day Ever...

My mom, the boys and I left for Scotland Wednesday morning. We flew to New York where we had a six hour layover and then got back on a plane for another seven hours. We finally arrived Thursday morning in Edinburgh. The kids did as good as can be expected for their ages. Nate was a wiggle bum, but Thomas was happy as long as he had a movie to watch.

Neck pillow or awesome hat?


Reading the saftey manuals, hmmm very interesting.


Nate catching some ZZZs.


I am so happy that Thomas is such a social little boy. He loved the layover in New York. He made friends with everyone waiting and I am sure he thought they were all there just to entertain him. He even befriended two teenage boys from Scotland on their way to Texas!!

They both did sleep almost the entire flight to Scotland, which was nice. There was an extra seat next to us, so Thomas was able to layout. Nate slept as long as I held him and didn't move (making it hard for me to get any sleep, but what do you do?!)

The CEO's personal driver of Ryan's company picked us up from the airport. Which was great because I don't think that after that long day of traveling we would have been able to get on a train or bus with all of our luggage and get ourselves to Dundee. We are all extremely tired and jet lagged, but SO HAPPY to see Ryan and finally be in Scotland!! It's beautiful from what we have seen so far!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amber and Ryan,

Congrats on Scotland! You will have such incredible memories living there. We couldn't be more proud of Ryan and everything he has accomplished. What a blessing you are to Ryan and we know that you both will do amazing things in your lives. Thanks for sharing!
We love you, Matt, Amy, and Ethan

Criscell said...

Wow! What an adventure! I'm so jealous. Good luck with everything!

whitney williams said...

Sounds like a crazy day...it's never easy traveling with kids, but it sounds like they did pretty good. I bet your glad for your mom!