You can't be in Scotland and miss the chance to go and look for "Nessie"! Yesterday, we "hired" a car and made the drive up north to Inverness/Loch Ness and back. We had been pushing this off, thinking that we didn't want to drive for 3 hours (one way). Then we realized it took that much time on the bus to get to the highland games in Scone last week!
Just getting there was an adventure in it's self, with Ryan driving a stick shift with his left hand and trying to remember to drive on the other side of the road. His ultimate challenge came while going through Inverness where there were 5 or 6 roundabouts in about a two mile distance. He did a great job. There is no way that I would have tried it! Here we are at the ruins of Castle Urquhart on the shore of Loch Ness.
Look close...can you spot "Nessie"? As we were watching the water, you could see these weird kind of rolling waves without any boat around. At first glance, if you were hoping to see something or someone special, it would be easy to mistake these small waves with the humps of the Loch Ness Monster. No wonder there has been so many "sightings!" I'm not saying I'm not a believer, though:)
It seems we never get pictures of just us anymore.
The imagination of a three year old is so much fun...Thomas would stand looking into the water calling loudly, "Oh Nessie, where are you Nessie?"
After the Castle we couldn't miss touring the Official Loch Ness Exhibition.
Here's Thomas and Nathan admiring their finds from the gift shop. Of course, Thomas begged for another sword. ( I will be happy when he moves on from this whole Knight phase.) Nate chose a stuffed Nessie. He carries it around, makes noises at it, kisses it and basically just LOVES it. I think it is so cute. Now Thomas will say "Where's Nessie?" and Nate will look all around until he finds her. So, I guess maybe we did find the Loch Ness Monster after all!
7 years ago
7 comments:
Amber
i am so glad you found me! this is a perfect way to keep in touch while you are away. well you and your family look so darling i swear if i could i would make thomas wait and marry Elsie!!!!!
have fun in scotland
maureen
SO fun--and beautiful too. It looks like your boys are having a blast! When do you guys come back to AZ? Are you going to live in San Lagos again?
I think you saw Nessie and that you should be a hard core believer. And if not, at least you can say that you saw ripples in the water. Also, you guys look so great. I hope you are having a great time and we missed you at the reunion.
Hey Amber-
What great pictures and a fun little trip!Your boys are getting so big and are so adorable!
Trish
What a fun time looking for Nessie...i mean how many American's can say they've had that chance! How much longer are you there for?
How is the Bull family??? I found your blog through Britt's and through several people's blogs here in good old Farmington Crossing! Scotland looks like it is a BLAST!! What an awesome oppurtunity! I hope all is well! Your boys are getting cuter and cuter!
Hi guys!! We love you and miss you so much!! Sami asks every day if she can come to your house. Not possible. I love looking at your pictures. What a great exprience! See ya soon!
Post a Comment