Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Out on my own.

We have been getting a little cabin happy, since my mom left. Without a car, the boys and I can only go within walking distance from the apartment. While still in Utah, I bought a new double jogging stroller to bring over. The big wheels have been awesome with all of the cobble stone roads, but the thing is massive and practically impossible for me to take on the bus by myself, plus the two kids. Today the sun was out, which is an occasion to be celebrated, so I took the boys down to Broughty Ferry. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it without the stroller, and it was at times quite a struggle, but we made it and we had a great day!

Thomas and Nate love playing on the toys and in the sand at the park.

It has been so much fun seeing the boys play together and become "best buddies." (On Sunday, Thomas didn't even want to be in nursery, unless Nate was there too.)

For a little over a pound you can buy a token to ride one of the go carts. If Thomas's driving today is any indication of what is to come... watch out. He couldn't get enough of the gas pedal.

I just love that face!

Last time we were at this beach it was cold and windy. Today was beautiful. I wish that I had brought a change of clothes for the boys, because it was hard to keep them out of the water. The tide was higher this time too, so there wasn't any washed up jelly fish to worry about.

We had such a great time. We just wished that Ryan could have been there with us!

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

I'm so glad to see and read that things are going well! What an adventure! Enjoy the rain...you'll miss it when you get back. We're excited that you'll be back in the fall--looking forward to lots more fun!

Shaundee said...

Seriously the cutest boys ever! I loved catching up on all of your fascinating posts. What an amazing time you are all having. We miss you. Lyza keeps asking when we are seeing "her" Thomas again? Love you all!