Thursday, June 19, 2008

Life is full of Surprises


I think Ryan was always confident that he would get the right summer internship. My faith on the other hand wasn't quite as strong. It wasn't that I didn't believe in him, it is just that I seem to be lacking in the patience area lately. (I apologize to my boys.) After the last trimester ended and Ryan came back from London and we didn't have an intership, we decided that it would be best to just push through the summer and Ryan would graduate this August. Afterall, that would save us from moving multiple times.

Well, long story short, Ryan made some contacts while in London and was offered an intership in Dundee, SCOTLAND with a company called Alliance Trust. We are in Utah waiting for his work visa and hoping that all will go through. My mom, the boys and I already have our tickets to fly out July 3rd and just pray that Ryan gets there before we do and finds us all a place to live!! Ryan will leave as soon as he gets his visa. Life is full of surprises!

6 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is huge news you guys - - - SO EXCITING!!! Will it be like an 8 week internship? What a fun adventure for your family. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Andrea Dent said...

Wow! That is so exciting, congrats! I'm sure you will have lots of great stories and adventures! Good luck!

lisa g said...

What an amazing opportunity for you guys. We are so excited for you and the accomplishments you have made. We hope you keep us posted on the blog so we can see the sites of Scotland and the fun you will have over there.

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Wow! That is exciting. Keep us posted.

Frei Family said...

What a fun adventure for your family!! I cant believe you movede everything out of your apartment!! We could have helped!! I also cant eblieve that you drove to Utah at 2 in the morning.... although when i want to get something don ei am like that too!!

Jo and Jeff said...

Holy cow. Scotland. Wow. My dad went on his mission there. Probably not that same city, but anyway. How exciting. Good luck. Take lots of pictures.