Right before we left for Utah, I got a phone call from the Glendale Police Department that our Civic had been found! The crazy part is that the insurance company was just shy of one day from paying us. They said that we could decide to either take the money or the car. I wanted to see what condition the car was in before we decided. When we went down to the tow yard, the car looked like it had amazingly survived the whole ordeal, minus the stereo. We debated about what to do, but in the end we took the car. Then on the way home, the engine sounded like it had been replaced with a lawn mower and we began regretting our decision. (The insurance company would pay to have it fixed ONLY if we could prove that the repairs needed were exclusively from the theft...how do you do that??)We were leaving for Utah/London the next day, so there wasn't much we could do until we got back. Long story short, our catalitic converter had been cut out. We picked up the car today, new converter, new stereo, even detailed. I feel like I have a NEW car! I am just so happy to have our Civic back!
7 years ago
5 comments:
Hurray, I am so happy you guys got your car back. So since that chord had been cut, was that enough proof for your insurance company to cover it? And by the way - why would someone want to cut that chord anyway?
Sometimes those thiefs steal the weirdest things! But this is weird too... this guy came into work just yesterday and said that is the new thing they are doing... since they cant steal brand new cars as easily, they take out the cadillac converters right there where it is parked and then sell them i guess... i am glad your car is back and in good shape!!
Amber-
Great news. Its amazing how it all worked out. I have to say that your boys are absolutely adorable. Your blog is so cute. Tell Ryan hello.
Lisa G
SOOOOOO happy for you guys!!!
Hey Amber! How is your summer going? How are your cute boys? I still can't believe you have your Civic back. What a blessing!
Post a Comment