Last week, my mom and I took the boys to the little town of Glamis. After walking down this very long road, you come to an amazing castle. It is where the Queen Mother of England grew up and I was amazed to find out that her nephew and his family still live there. It reminded me of the castle at Disneyland. The batteries on my camera died that day, but we loved it so much that we went back Tuesday with Ryan.
We were lucky to keep Thomas out of the fountain!
Apparently, Nate isn't as impressed with all the castles that we've seen, because his favorite part is always the rocks!
Tuesday night they had an open air theater production of Peter Pan. It was right beside the castle.
Their take on Peter Pan was definitely different. There were only six actors, who played all the parts. It was pretty funny watching the guys as the mermaids. And some of the humor must have been cultural, because I didn't get it. But, everyone else seemed to!
Before the show, they sold goody bags with props that the kids could put on and be part of the show. It was really fun as the actors changed hats to be Indians or pirates, all of the audience would do the same.
When we first saw this little boy dressed as Peter Pan, we thought that it was maybe a children's theater and he was Peter Pan. But, so many of the children came dressed up as characters of the play. There were Peter Pans and Thinker bells running around everywhere.
After the play, it was too late for us to catch a bus home so we stayed at a little bed & breakfast not far from the castle. Jean(who we stayed with) was at the play with her grandchildren anyways and drove us to her house. This is the view from her garden. It was so nice. Thomas loved playing with her grand kids, they had a crib for Nate, and we got a full Scottish breakfast in the morning. It worked out great!
7 years ago
6 comments:
So cool! I loved the "props" hats on your boys. Nate looks so different--totally grown up!
I can't believe all the things you guys are getting to do. The castle was so beautiful. I just have to say your boys are so adorable.
Oh my! i am so glad that you are having such an amazing time. Are you ever going to want to come back to crumby glendale?
alivia tells people she has a boyfriend, and his name is Thomas.
Amber, It's your old friend Kellie (Isom) McClure. Wow what an adventure it must be, it sounds like tons of fun. How long will you be there? Your kids are so darling. My 1 year old loves rocks too. It must be the age. Anyway, it was fun to see what you're up to these days. Let's keep in touch.
Kell
Seriously, I am so jealous that you and your family get to experience so many great things. I love the pictures and I hope that you are all doing well. We miss you!
It looks like you are having a blast! I am so jealous.
Post a Comment